Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Is there a way to automatically indent only paragraphs after the first?

A common indentation style is to indent the first line of each paragraph,
except for the first paragraph of a section/subsection (i.e. the first
paragraph after a heading). Is there a way to do this automatically in Word
2007? For the moment, I'm using two styles, one for the first paragraph of a
section/subsection, and another for subsequent paragraphs, but this is
tedious and error-prone, so not an ideal solution.

-Thomas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

I use the two-style technique in Word 2003. I have Body Text set as the
following style for all the heading styles and Body Text First Indent as the
following style for Body Text, which makes it automatic.