Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Barbara White Barbara White is offline

Default Can leader dots be customized?

I'm using Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Hi, everyone,

Is it possible to customize the appearance of leader dots in the tabs of
a given Style?

In our template, we removed leader dots from our generated lists and now
some people want them back. Our designers would like to investigate
alternatives to the traditional dots--they'd like to look into using
smaller and lighter colored dots or a very thin rule. I can't see how to
customize that in Word, though. Is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You can do this manually but not as part of a style. Select the tab
character and apply the desired formatting.

Thanks, Suzanne, for the information. If it can't be part of a style,
then we can't use customized leaders. (This is for a template that will
be used by people with varying proficiency in Word, so we have to
minimize the amount of manual formatting.) Thanks again for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You can do this manually but not as part of a style. Select the tab
character and apply the desired formatting.

Thanks, Suzanne, for the information. If it can't be part of a style,
then we can't use customized leaders. (This is for a template that will
be used by people with varying proficiency in Word, so we have to
minimize the amount of manual formatting.) Thanks again for your help.

leader dots with blanks Mona Webb Microsoft Word Help 5 September 18th 06 08:49 PM
leader in toc cyoung Page Layout 4 September 11th 06 08:35 AM
hit space bar get dots don't want dots YellowRoseTweedy New Users 7 November 6th 05 08:43 AM
Leader dots waspsfly Page Layout 2 April 7th 05 03:11 AM
How can I use a dot leader? MaryS Page Layout 1 January 13th 05 01:04 AM