Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
anne anne is offline

Default Do I have to move the template too?

If I wish to take my document to another computer to work on it, what steps
must I take to ensure that my styles -- particularly my numbering styles --
remain intact?

My document has an attached template and I have un-ticked the "automatically
update styles" box in the Templates and Add-In's window and saved it thus. If
I now load the document alone on my flash and take it home to continue
working, will I open up and necessarily find a jumble?

Should I take a copy of the template as well and first install that in my
templates folder on the home computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

The document should be okay alone provided you are not expecting to rely on
any features that reside solely in the template. These would include macros,
toolbars, and AutoText entries. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html

"Anne" wrote in message
If I wish to take my document to another computer to work on it, what

steps
must I take to ensure that my styles -- particularly my numbering

styles --
remain intact?

My document has an attached template and I have un-ticked the

"automatically
update styles" box in the Templates and Add-In's window and saved it thus.

If
I now load the document alone on my flash and take it home to continue
working, will I open up and necessarily find a jumble?

Should I take a copy of the template as well and first install that in my
templates folder on the home computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
anne anne is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you very much for your prompt help. I've just opened the document on
my home computer (without having first made the template available) and, sure
enough, all is well -- no broken numbering! First time in a week I have
stable numbering so THANK YOU.