Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] marydavisjones@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2007 - Styles - Create icon style

I'm using Word 2007. I know how to make paragraph styles that are
just text. I'm trying to make a style that contains an icon and also
text. I'd prefer to text to be next to the icon, but if it is under
the icon that is ok. I tried creating a frame with a picture icon that
I wanted inside the frame, but I could not get it to work. I also
tried new style, format | frame and that did not work either. Any
help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

A style can't include an icon _as a picture_ but you can define a
"bullet list" style in which the bullet is anything you want. Here are
the steps:

- In the Home ribbon, click the tiny button in the bottom right corner
of the Styles group (or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) to open the Styles
task pane.

- At the bottom of the task pane, click the left button ("New Style").

- In the dialog, assign a name to the new style. Set the "Based on"
dropdown to "List Bullet". Click the Format button and choose
Numbering.

- In the Numbering dialog, click the Bullets tab. If you don't want to
use any of the default set, click the Define New Bullet button. There
you have your choice of Symbols (from fonts you have) or Picture (more
built-in defaults, or any picture file you have by clicking Import).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On 10 Mar 2007 11:00:12 -0800, wrote:

I'm using Word 2007. I know how to make paragraph styles that are
just text. I'm trying to make a style that contains an icon and also
text. I'd prefer to text to be next to the icon, but if it is under
the icon that is ok. I tried creating a frame with a picture icon that
I wanted inside the frame, but I could not get it to work. I also
tried new style, format | frame and that did not work either. Any
help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote:
A style can't include an icon _as a picture_

Strange, IIRC this was possible in the 2007 Beta... and I thought it was a
nice improvement.

But the Beta version stopped working, so I can't check. Maybe I was
dreaming...

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 05:00:27 +0100, "Klaus Linke"
wrote:

"Jay Freedman" wrote:
A style can't include an icon _as a picture_

Strange, IIRC this was possible in the 2007 Beta... and I thought it was a
nice improvement.

But the Beta version stopped working, so I can't check. Maybe I was
dreaming...

Regards,
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Maybe you're right, but I don't see anywhere in the style definition
pathway that it could be specified, other than in the bullet list
area. That was possible in Word 2003 and maybe earlier.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Aah... I re-read your first post, and the picture bullet is just what I
remember from the Beta (and what I thought had not been possible in
Word2003).

Sorry for the confusion... Maybe picture bullets in a style weren't possible
in Word2000, which I used until pretty recently.

Regards,
Klaus

news
wrote:

"Jay Freedman" wrote:
A style can't include an icon _as a picture_

Strange, IIRC this was possible in the 2007 Beta... and I thought it was a
nice improvement.

But the Beta version stopped working, so I can't check. Maybe I was
dreaming...

Regards,
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Maybe you're right, but I don't see anywhere in the style definition
pathway that it could be specified, other than in the bullet list
area. That was possible in Word 2003 and maybe earlier.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Jay FreedmanMicrosoftWordMVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On 10 Mar 2007 11:00:12 -0800, wrote:

I'm usingWord2007. I know how to make paragraph styles that are
just text. I'm trying to make astylethat contains aniconand also
text. I'd prefer to text to be next to theicon, but if it is under
theiconthat is ok. I tried creating a frame with a pictureiconthat
I wanted inside the frame, but I could not get it to work. I also
tried newstyle, format | frame and that did not work either. Any
help would be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much.