Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ricki Miles Ricki Miles is offline

Default Size of comment balloon font

I am using Word 2003. Is there any way to increase the size of comment
balloon font? Changing the Comment Text style only changes the size of the
font in the Reviewing Pane. Also, the balloon can be changed in width
through Tools, Options, Track Changes, but can the height be changed?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

You need to change the Balloon Text style for the comments to be a
different size text.

The height of a balloon should automatically adjust to the amount of
text in it.

Ricki Miles wrote:
I am using Word 2003. Is there any way to increase the size of comment
balloon font? Changing the Comment Text style only changes the size of the
font in the Reviewing Pane. Also, the balloon can be changed in width
through Tools, Options, Track Changes, but can the height be changed?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ricki Miles Ricki Miles is offline

Hi Daiya,

I looked for the style in order to modify it, but I cannot find it in the
list of All Styles. Where is it so that it can be changed?

Thanks again,

Ricki

Ricki Miles wrote:
I am using Word 2003. Is there any way to increase the size of comment
balloon font? Changing the Comment Text style only changes the size of
the font in the Reviewing Pane. Also, the balloon can be changed in
width through Tools, Options, Track Changes, but can the height be
changed?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Hi Ricki,

All Styles in the Word 2002/2003 Formatting Task Pane doesn't really
list all styles. #6 here offers some tips for getting around that (see
the PS)
http://shaunakelly.com/word/sfpane/S...ttingPane.html

I'm on a Mac, so cannot be more specific about Windows Word 2003, sorry.

Daiya

Ricki Miles wrote:

I am using Word 2003. Is there any way to increase the size of comment
balloon font? Changing the Comment Text style only changes the size of
the font in the Reviewing Pane. Also, the balloon can be changed in
width through Tools, Options, Track Changes, but can the height be
changed?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

You could also add a paragraph and type in "Baloon Text" into the styles
dropdown to assign it to the current paragraph.
It then appears at the top of the styles pane, and you can easily modify it.

With headers, footers, footnotes, endnotes, it's usually quicker to just go
into one so the style appears in the styles pane (and you can modify it),
rather than to customize the styles pane.

Klaus

Ricki Miles wrote:

I am using Word 2003. Is there any way to increase the size of comment
balloon font? Changing the Comment Text style only changes the size of
the font in the Reviewing Pane. Also, the balloon can be changed in
width through Tools, Options, Track Changes, but can the height be
changed?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ricki Miles Ricki Miles is offline

Thank you both for your reponses. I did find the Balloon Text style in the
Custom Styles dialog box and showed it in the Styles Task Pane. However,
after modifying it so that the font is larger, when I create a new comment,
the text in the comment box is automatically styled with "Comment Text
Style", not Balloon Text style. How can I get the balloons to be
automatically styled in Balloon Text style so the font will be larger?

Thanks again,

Ricki

Ricki Miles wrote:

I am using Word 2003. Is there any way to increase the size of
comment balloon font? Changing the Comment Text style only changes
the size of the font in the Reviewing Pane. Also, the balloon can be
changed in width through Tools, Options, Track Changes, but can the
height be changed?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Hi Ricki,

That's not caused by your editing the Balloon Text style, it's simply a bug
I think.
The style pane shows the Comment text style, but it's really formatted in
the Balloon Text style, using the font and font size of that style.

The Comment Text style is used in the Comments Pane.

Regards,
Klaus

Ricki Miles wrote:

I am using Word 2003. Is there any way to increase the size of
comment balloon font? Changing the Comment Text style only changes
the size of the font in the Reviewing Pane. Also, the balloon can be
changed in width through Tools, Options, Track Changes, but can the
height be changed?

Thanks,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

In my Mac Word 2004--comments in balloons use the font from Comment
Text, but the size from Balloon Text. The text is supposed to be styled
in Comment Text, it just picks up size from Balloon Text. I usually need
to change both of them to get what I want.

Did you make the change in the actual document you are editing? It's
something that I find needs to be redone in every document I receive and
want to track changes in (I recorded a macro to do this easily).