Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Sally Sally is offline

Default Multiple entries selected for quick parts

I have a template form which was developed in Word 2003, which utilizes form
checkboxes, dropdown, text and autotext. I understand that autotext has been
replaced with the Quick Parts Building Blocks. The first problem I have is
that the form needs to be protected in order for the checkboxes to work.
However, when I do that, the Quick Parts button (if I go the Content Control
route)/Building Block Organizer is disabled. When I don't protect the
document, then when I do select a Quick Part (via the Content Control) which
is assigned a specific category, I cannot select another entry in that same
Quick Part section. Essentially, in Word 2003, you were able to select an
autotext entry, hit enter to get to the next line and then select anoth
autotext entry. Word 2007 doesn't seem to allow that functionality. Any
help would be appreciated.
--
Sally
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

The AutoText entries should still work as with your document protected,
however you have to give them an extra "push". Type the name of the AutoText
entry and then Press F3 to get it to insert.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Sally" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Sally Sally is offline

Yes, I knew I could type the short form and press F3. Unfortunately, this is
for new home inspectors that are very unfamilar with Word itself, let along
memorizing short forms of autotext. In Word 2003, at least I could enable
the Autotext toolbar and by using "styles" it would show the name of the
style and only have the text which I had put in that style.
--
Sally

"Sally" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Well, another option would be to create fields that are specific to your
Quick Parts and use the Content Control, tied to the Quick Parts (AutoText)
and then only those AutoText fields that you want available in the certain
area would be displayed. They could then click the down arrow and select the
specific clause.

http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...-controls.aspx

--

"Sally" wrote:

[...]

Quick Parts Properties Disabled when doc stored in MOSS Steven H Microsoft Word Help 0 November 28th 06 08:31 PM
Quick parts MADS New Users 1 July 24th 06 11:55 AM
Restore Deleted Quick Parts entry Bob Microsoft Word Help 1 July 10th 06 02:40 PM
Saving auto correct and quick correct entries on a disk deissmom Microsoft Word Help 2 September 4th 05 05:43 AM
Save DOC into multiple parts? Chris Microsoft Word Help 1 June 2nd 05 02:54 AM