Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
blewissmith blewissmith is offline

Default Convert vertical table to horizontal?

I have a table that lists vertically and I want to convert that table to list
item horizontally.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Convert vertical table to horizontal?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can convert a vertical table to a horizontal one in Microsoft Word:
  1. First, select the table that you want to convert.
  2. Next, right-click on the selected table and choose "Copy" from the context menu.
  3. Now, place your cursor where you want to paste the horizontal table.
  4. Right-click again and choose "Paste Special" from the context menu.
  5. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, select "Transpose" and click "OK".
  6. Your vertical table will now be converted to a horizontal one!

Alternatively, you can also manually create a horizontal table by following these steps:
  1. Create a new table with the same number of rows and columns as your vertical table.
  2. Copy the data from your vertical table and paste it into the new table, but in reverse order.
  3. Once you've pasted all the data, select the entire table and click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  4. In the "Table" group, click on "Convert to Text" and choose "Tabs" as the separator.
  5. Your table will now be converted to a horizontal one!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Short of rotating the table itself, you can paste it into Excel using Edit |
Paste Special: Transpose, then copy/paste back to Word.

"blewissmith" wrote in message
I have a table that lists vertically and I want to convert that table to

list
item horizontally.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi,

if you know how to get a macro to work,
you might try this one,
which works for simple tables, as far as I see.

Simple means, no split or merged cells,
no table containing other tables,
no table containing objects like pictures etc.

Sub TransposeTable()
Dim C As Long ' column
Dim R As Long ' row

Dim x As Long ' just a counter
Dim y As Long ' just a counter
Dim z As Long ' just a counter

Dim STempo As String
Dim sArr() As String

With Selection
.Collapse
If Not .Information(wdWithInTable) Then
MsgBox "insertion point not in table"
Exit Sub
End If

With .Tables(1)
C = .Columns.Count
R = .Rows.Count
If R * C .Range.Cells.Count Then
MsgBox "split or merged cells"
Exit Sub
End If
ReDim sArr(1 To .Range.Cells.Count)
For x = 1 To UBound(sArr)
STempo = .Range.Cells(x).Range.Text
STempo = Left(STempo, (Len(STempo) - 2))
sArr(x) = STempo
Next
' --------------------------
With .Columns