Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cjkay777 Cjkay777 is offline

Default how can i lock certin table cells in word document

Can I lock Certin cells in a word document (Table) so others cannot
inadvertantly change or delete cell contents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Cjkay777 wrote:
Can I lock Certin cells in a word document (Table) so others cannot
inadvertantly change or delete cell contents?

If you and all the 'others' have Word 2003 or later, then you can protect
the entire document against changes and then mark specific areas as "editing
allowed" (that is, mark everything except the cells that you want to remain
protected).

If someone opens this document in a version of Word earlier than 2003, the
entire document will be locked, because the earlier versions don't support
partial unlocking.

You might also look at forms protection and using form fields where editing
is allowed (http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22), but
that's much more restrictive. Certain features don't work in protected
forms.

If everyone has Word 2007, you can insert content controls in certain cells
to lock their contents. These are not available in any earlier version.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ron Vigil Ron Vigil is offline

Hi Jay,

How can I do the same for Word 2000?

Thanks.

Ron

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Cjkay777 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Of the choices I listed before, only protected forms are available in Word
2000. The other features were introduced in later versions. Maybe it's time
to upgrade?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

(
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22), but that's
much more restrictive. Certain features don't work in protected
forms.

If everyone has Word 2007, you can insert content controls in
certain cells to lock their contents. These are not available in any
earlier version.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

want cells in a table to copy data from cells in another table Conrad D. Farner Tables 2 September 27th 06 04:21 PM
How do I lock borders in a table in Word? deb Tables 6 August 26th 06 08:39 PM
How do i lock the cells to keep them from expanding in a table Alex Tables 1 August 24th 06 04:46 AM
Cells in Word Table Libby Tables 1 January 20th 06 05:50 AM
how do you lock cells in a table in Word? Marti Tables 1 January 18th 05 06:52 PM