Jennifer

Default Envelope Default Font

I know that there is a way to change the default font permanently(other than
in the envelope setup window), but I do not know the steps and the how to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

If you check the "Add to template" box when modifying the relevant styles,
the change will be permanent. If you know of another way, feel free to use
it. Perhaps you are referring to the Envelope Options dialog? I gather that
many users find that changing the font there does not "take."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Modify the Envelope Return and/or Envelope Address styles.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I know that there is a way to change the default font

permanently(other
than
in the envelope setup window), but I do not know the steps and the how

to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

Jennifer

Yes, that is correct - I can change it, but it does not "take." I really do
not know what you are referring to when you say "Add to template." Where is
this? In the envelope window, Word, or where?

"Jennifer" wrote in message
I know that there is a way to change the default font

permanently(other
than
in the envelope setup window), but I do not know the steps and the how
to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matthew Eldridge

All you need to do is go to the Evelope Options Tab. Select your font.
Click on the "Default" button on the bottom left corner, click yes, and
you're done.

"Jennifer" wrote:

I know that there is a way to change the default font permanently(other than
in the envelope setup window), but I do not know the steps and the how to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

In Word 2003 I first select Letters and Mailings and enter a return address
and select a Sans font. Word asks if I wish to save this address as the
default return address and I answer yes. If I exit Word and then start it
again, the return address exists but the font changes back to Arial. How do
I save the Sans font?

"Jennifer" wrote:

I know that there is a way to change the default font permanently(other

than
in the envelope setup window), but I do not know the steps and the how

to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Suzanne: Thanks. That worked but it's not an easy thing to figure out once
you get there. I wasn't sure what you meant. I appreciate your suggestion
but a little more direction as to where/how this is accessed and what to do
once one gets there would have been great. Please take as constructive
criticism, not criticism. You did redirect my efforts and I appreciate it.

"Jennifer" wrote:

I know that there is a way to change the default font

permanently(other
than
in the envelope setup window), but I do not know the steps and the

how
to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

We mostly work in small bites. Users like you figure out on your own; some
post back with further questions, and we provide further bits. I see that
you did at least state a Word version, which is helpful but (to me)
discouraging since it is Word 2003, which makes it much easier to modify
most styles but much harder to modify others. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

"Jennifer" wrote:

I know that there is a way to change the default font

permanently(other
than
in the envelope setup window), but I do not know the steps and

the
how
to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm may be useful also. And
for the more adventurous
http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm

"Jennifer" wrote:

I know that there is a way to change the default font
permanently(other than in the envelope setup window), but I do
not know the steps and

the
how
to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Alan is offline

Thank you both. I have saved those web pages to my Favorites as I'm sure
they will come in handy in the future.

"Jennifer" wrote:

I know that there is a way to change the default font permanently(other than
in the envelope setup window), but I do not know the steps and the how to's.
May I have it "step by step" ?

Thanks.

Default font - possible bulletproof fix in Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 14th 05 09:14 PM
default font size for the return address on an envelope? annpayt Microsoft Word Help 7 January 13th 05 02:47 PM
Default font on envelope address Marcia Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 05 11:13 PM
Default Font Lloyd Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 03:42 PM
Autoformat table doesn't format font's after changing default font B?atrice Karjalainen Tables 2 December 4th 04 02:58 PM