curtis loew

Default How do I exit "Safe Mode"?

My Word won't open in the normal way. It says that it failed to open
correctly last time and I need to open in Safe Mode. When I try to close it
comes up and says, "You cannot close Microsoft Word because a dialog is
active. Switch to Microsoft Word first and close dialog". I have gone into
the Help/About Microsoft Word/Dialogs and it says there are none. Can anyone
help? Please keep in mind that I am computer illiterate (i.e. I need
step-by-step instructions...if not more detail than that :-)). Thanks.
Graham Mayor

If you are running Norton AV start by opening that application and turn off
its Office Plug-in option.
Then with Word closed attend to the measures indicated at
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
If you still get the safe mode dialog, you should be able to choose to
over-ride it.
If not, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

curtis loew wrote:
My Word won't open in the normal way. It says that it failed to open
correctly last time and I need to open in Safe Mode. When I try to
close it comes up and says, "You cannot close Microsoft Word because
a dialog is active. Switch to Microsoft Word first and close
dialog". I have gone into the Help/About Microsoft Word/Dialogs and
it says there are none. Can anyone help? Please keep in mind that I
am computer illiterate (i.e. I need step-by-step instructions...if
not more detail than that :-)). Thanks.

word safe mode trouble shooting userflw Microsoft Word Help 1 February 28th 05 01:38 PM
Safe Mode NeilR Microsoft Word Help 1 February 16th 05 03:13 AM
can only start Word in a safe mode. Why? Word Starts in safe mode only Microsoft Word Help 1 December 19th 04 04:37 AM
I create & save a document then I can only open it in safe mode Don Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 07:15 AM
Word crashes, only will run in safe mode... Mike New Users 1 December 8th 04 03:35 PM