MacLeod

Default File Search seems to hang

I have clients that use Word 2003 Professional. There is a shared folder on
their SBS2003 server that they use to store documents. The titles of the
documents are invoice numbers, but they use the file search option to find
documents within that folder that pertain to the info they have. IE, search
for L3245 and find invoice 231910 because that invoice has "L3245" in it.
This option worked well, but failed about two months ago. Once the server
was rebooted, it worked fine again. Today, the search failed again, the same
way. Select File - File Search and make sure the search parameters are
correct either basic or advanced options and I made sure the indexing
service is turned on. Once the search is begun, it takes a great deal of
time (3 hrs was tested) to say no results. This is happening on ALL
workstations. All the workstations are XP and run either Word 2003 Pro, or
Word 2002 Pro. SHould I get them to use the Document finder in the OS itself
instead?

Any suggestions?

Thx
Mac