Bernard

Default Generating docs using template and db data

Hi
I am trying to write a web app that takes a word template, fills in data
from a database, adds in various clauses (also small word docs) and displays
a consolidated Word doc to the user.
I see there is a "Unlocking Information" sample that does a similar thing in
the WordSDK.
However we also need to be able to dsiplay (and allow the user to print)
draft and final version, the only difference is that the draft version has a
watermark "Draft" across each page.
I also need to ensure that the user cannot forward, save, edit, etc. the
document and I know I can do that with Office's DRM.

My question is - can I do all of this together and if so, how?

Regards,
Bernard
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmVybmFyZA==?=,

This question would be more likely to receive an quick response in a word.vba
or an office.developer newsgroup. FWIW, from what I understand of your
requirements, most of what you want should be possible in Word 2003, only (the
last requirement).

I am trying to write a web app that takes a word template, fills in data
from a database, adds in various clauses (also small word docs) and displays
a consolidated Word doc to the user.
I see there is a "Unlocking Information" sample that does a similar thing in
the WordSDK.
However we also need to be able to dsiplay (and allow the user to print)
draft and final version, the only difference is that the draft version has a
watermark "Draft" across each page.
I also need to ensure that the user cannot forward, save, edit, etc. the
document and I know I can do that with Office's DRM.

My question is - can I do all of this together and if so, how?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)