Tom C

Default MSWord forms compatibility??

What is the earliest version of word that can handle editable but protected
forms? And can someone fill out a protected form using Word 2003 viewer?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9tIEM=?=,

What is the earliest version of word that can handle editable but protected
forms? And can someone fill out a protected form using Word 2003 viewer?

Depends on what kind of controls were used to create the form. If the Forms
toolbar was used, then that should be supported all the way back to Word 6.0
(except that Word 6.0 probably won't be able to open a Word 2003 file). You
would have to make sure that the form didn't use any other new features.

And no, forms can't be filled out using a "viewer". A "viewer" is exactly
that: "look but don't touch".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org