suska

Default permanently hide toolbars

When Word starts, I always get the Standard, Formatting, and PDF Maker
toolbars. I have to eliminate two of them every time. Is there somewhere I
can set this once and have it stay that way until I change it? I mean,
through opening and closing of Word, through reboots and all that.
Greg

Suska,

I have the following lines of code in AutoOpen and AutoNew Macros to
ensure these irritating toolbars are not displayed:

With CommandBars
.Item("Reviewing").Visible = False
.Item("Mail Merge").Visible = False
.Item("Forms").Visible = False
End With

Graham Mayor

The PDF Maker toolbar will keep coming back like a bad penny. For versions
up to Acrobat 6 see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm for the latest
version which uses a COM add-in badly in need of updating (already) there is
no real alternative to uninstalling the add-in.