Rick

Default Changing page #'s in footers

I have a document 6 pages long. I need no page numbers on page 1 and 2, i
and ii on pages 3 and 4 and the numbers 1 and 2 on pages 5 and 6. I have
tried for days to make the footers reflect this to no avail. The closest I
have come is no page numbers on pages 1 and 2 and i on page 3. On page 4 I
can get ii, but it somehow appears on page 2. Any advice is greatly
apperciated.
Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Greg Maxey

Rick,

You need a section break at the end of page 2 and at the end of page 4.
Display the Header and Footer view and remove any page numbering that you
already have inserted in all three section.

With your cursor in section 2 click and toggle the Same as Previous/Link to
Previous icon to unlink seciton 2 from section 1. Click the format page
number icon and set up the number style and the start at value. The click
the insert page number icon.

Go to section 3 and repeat the step above.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Changing Page layout Rhino Page Layout 1 February 9th 05 05:47 PM
How to show headers and footers on blank page hstijnen Microsoft Word Help 1 January 24th 05 10:34 AM
change footers within a section without changing all of them Nerd Alert Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 10:08 PM
Odd page section break Jenny Page Layout 5 December 15th 04 08:05 AM
Changing word to show more than 1 page while in edit mode? latergatorj Page Layout 1 November 30th 04 07:09 PM