Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chrjef chrjef is offline

Default Can I retrieve a permanently deleted email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

not without redefining 'permanent'

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Actually, that's not true. Outlook doesn't permanently delete messages when
you press the Delete key. Instead, the messages get moved to the Deleted
Items folder. You must empty this folder to permanently delete the message.

In some cases, if you use MS Exchange, the messages remain on the server for
a designated period of time and can be resurrected from there.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Jezebel" wrote:

not without redefining 'permanent'

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Jezebel says, however, "permanently" deleted mail can't be retrieved.
Absent other evidence, we have to assume the OP knew what he/she was talking
about in saing "permanent."

"Jezebel" wrote:

not without redefining 'permanent'

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

That may be true. I just thought that I would weigh in with my experience in
that I have resurrected many an e-mail that a user thought was long gone.
Most users have no idea that an email can be brought back from the dead from
the Exchange server after it has been "permanently" deleted because most
people do indeed think that they know what they're talking about when they
use the term permanent in conjunction with deleting e-mails in Outlook.

No harm - no foul - just a little extra information.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP