Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JQofPA JQofPA is offline

Default Things I don't understand in tracking changes

In Word 2003, I'm editing a document in page view, and at the end of one of
my deletion balloons there's a little box with three dots in it, and if I
mouse over it there's a hand with a pointing finger. What is this for, and
how do I get rid of it? I tried clicking the hand icon and then I got these
bars at the bottom of the page with the text from some of my balloons. I had
to close the document and reopen it to get rid of them.

I thought maybe the dots are there because the deletion is cut off at the
end, and won't all fit in the margin on that page. What normally happens in
that case?

Also, I tried normal view to see what it would look like with the comments,
etc. at the bottom of the page, but they weren't there. Only my initials were
after the changes in the document. How do I display the comments?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have so many comments that they won't all fit in balloons in
the margin, Word goes over to the other way of displaying them, in a
"pane." Maybe you have one really long comment that won't fit in the
margin?

On Jan 11, 5:57*pm, JQofPA wrote:
In Word 2003, I'm editing a document in page view, and at the end of one of
my deletion balloons there's a little box with three dots in it, and if I
mouse over it there's a hand with a pointing finger. What is this for, and
how do I get rid of it? I tried clicking the hand icon and then I got these
bars at the bottom of the page with the text from some of my balloons. I had
to close the document and reopen it to get rid of them.

I thought maybe the dots are there because the deletion is cut off at the
end, and won't all fit in the margin on that page. What normally happens in
that case?

Also, I tried normal view to see what it would look like with the comments,
etc. at the bottom of the page, but they weren't there. Only my initials were
after the changes in the document. How do I display the comments?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to display the Reviewing Pane. There's a button for it on the
Reviewing toolbar.

http://word.mvps.org