Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default List records from the many side of a one-to-many

I am trying to perform a mail merge in MS Word using data from an
Access query.

The query brings together 2 tables (tblCustomers and tblOrders) in a
one-to-many relationship. For example, John Smith has 2 orders, Mary Jo
has 3 orders, etc. I would like to create letters for these people
like:

###

Dear Mr. Smith:

According to my records, you have the following orders:

2/3/05 Car parts
4/5/05 Audio parts

Sincerely,

Me

###.

.... and so on for each customer.

Can MS Word's mail merge feature reproduce something like this? If so,
how?

Thank you.

Kurt