Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kendall

Default Default printer in Word 2002

Hi,

Printer A - local printer (default)
Printer B - Network printer

I have a user who is openning word, selecting a different printer
(printer B) and printing a doc, then she closes word. When she opens
word again, it is still set to the last printer (printer B) she printed
to, not to her default printer (printer A).

I have read a few group topics about this, and a few people have said
that this is just what happens in Office apps. I cant see how, because
this is not the case for me, or anyone else in this office who who uses
Office apps. For everyone else, apart from this one user, it always
goes back to the default printer (regardless of whether the default is
a local or network printer), not the last printer that it printed to.

There's no VB or macros being used or tricky mappings to printers or
anything like that either. Just simple Word Processing printing.

Can anyone help me on this one?

Thanks,

Kendall.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suspect that this reflects a difference in the way you use Word. You
probably double-click on a Word document in Windows Explorer, on the Start |
Documents menu, or on the desktop, which opens Word, and then you close
Word, only to reopen it the next time you open a Word document. Users who
use Word more intensely keep it running all day. When you start Word, it
uses the Windows default printer, but when you change the active printer, it
becomes the default in Word for that Word session. You can open the Print
dialog and change printers, or, if you want buttons to print from specific
printers, see http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

"Kendall" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Do you use Word as e-mail editor for Outlook - in which case Word may still
be running when you think you have closed it, if Outlook is still open?
CTRL+ALT+DEL and check whether winword.exe is one of the running processes.

Kendall wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kendall

Yes, I had a look at this after I posted the message. This could
possibly be the reason. Thank you for your advise.