Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

Default When sending a doc, is normal.dot sent?

Hi,

I'm wondering what part of my normal.dot is sent if I mail out a
Word '03 document. I've seen a lot of paragraph style info
embedded, much of it unnecessary. While that adds to bloat, I'm
more concerned about whether the macros in the new macro module
also are sent.

Thanks,
p.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

No part of your Normal.dot is sent together with your documents. But when you
create a document based on Normal.dot, the document will inherit all the
styles and page settings from Normal.dot. For further details, see:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Paul B" wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering what part of my normal.dot is sent if I mail out a
Word '03 document. I've seen a lot of paragraph style info
embedded, much of it unnecessary. While that adds to bloat, I'm
more concerned about whether the macros in the new macro module
also are sent.

Thanks,
p.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul B[_5_] Paul B[_5_] is offline

On Sun, 10 May 2009 13:14:26 -0700, Lene Fredborg wrote:

No part of your Normal.dot is sent together with your documents. But when you
create a document based on Normal.dot, the document will inherit all the
styles and page settings from Normal.dot. For further details, see:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/temp...ons/index.html

Thanks, Lene, that was great information. I'm trying to shrink my
normal.dot a bit. Just exported a toolbar to an add-in, and am
culling styles. I think I need the macros to hang out in
normal.dot because I'm frequently fine-tuning them, so it's a
good thing they don't get exported to the file.

BW,
p.