Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason[_5_] Jason[_5_] is offline

Default Resizing pictures within Word 2003

Hi,

My mother in law does a lot of typing and has to import pictures from
folders into word documents quite often, the amount of pictures can vary. If
she wants to import say 20 images, she has to resize each one individually by
dragging the corner etc once imported. Is there anyway at all, that all these
pictures that are imported, can be resized in one go? She is of the opinion
she did this once by accident, but doesn't know what she did. Even if there
is some way to have 8 pictures to a page or something so that it recognises
where the pictures must go.

Any suggestions, tips would be most welcome.

Thanks

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason[_5_] Jason[_5_] is offline

Thanks for your help, but that doesn't work. I did give it a quick go just
now, but I thought I'd tried that before and it didn't work. I've searched
google before and can't seem to find anything that quite fits. Any further
assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

"Jason" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It does work, if you set it up correctly.

After inserting the table and dragging the columns to the desired maximum width,
click Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width (in Word 2007, Table Tools Layout
AutoFit Fixed Column Width).

Then select the whole table, and click Table Table Properties Row (in Word
2007, Table Tools Layout Properties Row). Check the box for "Specify
height", enter a measurement, and set the "Row height is" dropdown to "Exactly".

Finally, in Tools Options Edit (in Word 2007, Office button Word Options
Advanced Cut, Copy and Paste), make sure the "Insert/paste pictures" dropdown
is set to "In line with text".

Now, when you insert an inline picture in a cell, it will be automatically
resized to fit in the cell.

You can set only the column width or only the row height, and the resizing will
honor only that dimension.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jason" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason[_5_] Jason[_5_] is offline

Jay,

Thanks very much, that is a lot better. Hopefully a final question about
this, is there anyway to select numerous pictures and make it so they
automatically fit in each part of the table? I can make 4 pics appear in the
1st part, then just drag them, but can it automatically place them in each
part of the table for you?

Many thanks

Jason

"Jason" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That would take a fairly complex macro. I suppose it could be done, but probably
not on a short schedule.