Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
penciline

Default duplex printing on Xerox Fiery X12 (DocuColor 12)

At work we have a Fiery X12 Interface for our Xerox DocuColor 12
copier/printer. This means that we can print directly from computer software
programs on a Windows machine to the copier in color or black & white.

The problem I've encountered is that whenever we choose duplex
(double-sided) printing from Microsoft Word, if there are an odd number of
pages, the first page (page 1) prints by itself and all the other pages print
on back of one another (e.g. 2&3, 4&5, 6&7, etc.). What I really want is
page 2 to print on the back of page 1. When page 1 prints by itself it is
really printing on the back of page 0, in other words it prints face down.
It SHOULD be printing face up with page 2 on the back. How can I achieve
this using the Print Dialog "Options button"?

The other problem that occurs is that whenever I print multiple sets (any
quantity more than 1 set) I get the first page of the second set printing on
the back page of the first set, if the set is an odd number of pages. Why is
this? It should be printing the sets discretely.

If anybody has any information on these topics, please let me know.

Sincerely,
-=- penciline -=-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps you are printing a document with an odd number of pages and the
printer is printing the last page first? If it starts with the last (odd)
page, this would be the expected result.

"penciline" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
penciline

Dear Ms. Barnhill:

So, In Microsoft Word, how do I get it to print the first page first?
Furthermore, how do I prevent the first page of the second set from ending up
on the last page of the first set?
--
-=- penciline -=-

"penciline" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your printer is one that prints in reverse order, then you need to check
the "Reverse print order" box on the Print tab of Tools | Options to "undo"
that. If your printer doesn't normally print last page first, then perhaps
that box in Word is checked and should be cleared.

If this still results in incorrect duplexing, you might have to add an extra
blank page to the end of the document, though I realize this can cause
problems if you're using a NumPages field anywhere in the document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Perhaps you are printing a document with an odd number of pages and the
printer is printing the last page first? If it starts with the last

(odd)
page, this would be the expected result.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.