Lokibaho

Default Why is the cursor printing.

I created a letterhead template. But when I print it as a doc or dot it
prints the straightline cursor at the beginning line of the text (even it
that is not where the cursor was when I was printing!) Obviously I do not
want the cursor to print at all.
What is it's problem?

Lokibaho

I checked again. Nothing shows in the Print Preview. I also "selected" the
whole area as objects to see if there was a hidden object. The objects in
the header showed but nothing where I am having problems. When I put only
one letter in the text, on the very first space possible. the "cursor"
printed 1/8th of an inch to the LEFT of that letter. So, maybe you are
right... it isn't a cursor. But, what could it be? One thought was that
maybe it was a printer driver problem... but it was my son that told me he
was having the problem on HIS printer. When I check I noticed that it was on
mine also.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I doubt very much that the cursor is printing, though I don't doubt that
some kind of line may be. Do you see this line in Print Preview? Could it be
a change bar or border or drawing object or something else?

"Lokibaho" wrote in message
news
I created a letterhead template. But when I print it as a doc or dot it
prints the straightline cursor at the beginning line of the text (even it
that is not where the cursor was when I was printing!) Obviously I do not
want the cursor to print at all.
What is it's problem?

Make sure you don't have Track Changes enabled. I'm still thinking it might
be a change bar, though that would extend down the page, as would a bar tab,
which I suppose could conceivably be another explanation.

If you press Ctrl while starting Word, do you still see the problem? That
assumes Word 2002 or 2003; if you have an earlier version, at the Start |
Run prompt, type

winword /a

and press Enter.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I doubt very much that the cursor is printing, though I don't doubt that
some kind of line may be. Do you see this line in Print Preview? Could

it be
a change bar or border or drawing object or something else?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Lokibaho" wrote in message
news
I created a letterhead template. But when I print it as a doc or dot

it
prints the straightline cursor at the beginning line of the text (even

it
that is not where the cursor was when I was printing!) Obviously I do

not
want the cursor to print at all.
What is it's problem?

Lokibaho

It is Word 2003.
Checked the Track Changes. It is not on.
I started it in "safe mode". Again it made no difference.
Still not visible onscreen unless your curser is presently there, but it
prints everytime.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I doubt very much that the cursor is printing, though I don't doubt that
some kind of line may be. Do you see this line in Print Preview? Could

it be
a change bar or border or drawing object or something else?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news I created a letterhead template. But when I print it as a doc or dot