danbury

Default Registering Word

I'm attempting to copy a list of Popes (how timely) from a web page and am
not able to paste the list to a blank work document. When Word (2000) opens,
I receive the following message..."The document could not be registered. It
will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document."

How can I make it so I can paste text from a website to a document in Word
2000? Will registering solve this problem?

From another post, someone is told to go to StartRun and in the open box
type
"c:\path\winword.exe"/r including quotes, but replacing pat with the
actual path to your wiword.exe file d click OK. How do I determine the
actual path to my winword file?

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 16:39:02 -0700, "danbury"
wrote:

I'm attempting to copy a list of Popes (how timely) from a web page and am
not able to paste the list to a blank work document. When Word (2000) opens,
I receive the following message..."The document could not be registered. It
will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document."

How can I make it so I can paste text from a website to a document in Word
2000? Will registering solve this problem?

From another post, someone is told to go to StartRun and in the open box
type
"c:\path\winword.exe"/r including quotes, but replacing pat with the
actual path to your wiword.exe file d click OK. How do I determine the
actual path to my winword file?

You probably don't need the "c:\path\" part -- see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm.

If you do need to find the path, start Windows Explorer. Click the
Search button on the toolbar, enter winword.exe in the filename box,
and click the Search button below it. You should find the file in a
folder like C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE9. (There may be
others in other folders; they're shortcuts and such.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman