Hudkee234

Default Error message "Ox3005fdd3, what is this?

I am editing a paper in Word doc. While doing so, I keep receiving an error
message stating this:
The instruction at "Ox3005fdd3" referenced memory at "Ox034deffc". The
memory could not be read.
Then it proceeds and asks me to click Ok to terminate program or click
cancel to debug the program
What is going on?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SHVka2VlMjM0?=,

I am editing a paper in Word doc. While doing so, I keep receiving an error
message stating this:
The instruction at "Ox3005fdd3" referenced memory at "Ox034deffc". The
memory could not be read.
Then it proceeds and asks me to click Ok to terminate program or click
cancel to debug the program

Is there any information about WHAT program? What's the caption in the title
bar on the message? If you click cancel to debug, where does it take you? If
you click OK to terminate, what terminates (as far as you can tell)? Which
versin of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

hudkeekd

It is a word doc. (2000). When I click cancel, the doc goes away. And when I
click OK, the doc also disappears as far as I can tell. And Winword.exe
appears in the caption bar. The exact message is written below:
"A page memory that marks the end of a data structure, such as a stack or an
array, has been accessed. (Ox80000001) occurred in the application at
location Ox3005fdd3. I clicked the OK button & it disappeared.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?SHVka2VlMjM0?=,

I am editing a paper in Word doc. While doing so, I keep receiving an error
message stating this:
The instruction at "Ox3005fdd3" referenced memory at "Ox034deffc". The
memory could not be read.
Then it proceeds and asks me to click Ok to terminate program or click
cancel to debug the program

Is there any information about WHAT program? What's the caption in the title
bar on the message? If you click cancel to debug, where does it take you? If
you click OK to terminate, what terminates (as far as you can tell)? Which
versin of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?aHVka2Vla2Q=?=,

It is a word doc. (2000). When I click cancel, the doc goes away. And when I
click OK, the doc also disappears as far as I can tell. And Winword.exe
appears in the caption bar. The exact message is written below:
"A page memory that marks the end of a data structure, such as a stack or an
array, has been accessed. (Ox80000001) occurred in the application at
location Ox3005fdd3. I clicked the OK button & it disappeared.

Sounds like an invalid page fault (IPF), although I've never seen this exact
terminology... And it happens only with this one document? Then I suspect the
document's internal structure is damaged.

Are you able to open the document, then Ctrl+A, Shift+LeftArrow, copy, open a
new document, paste and save?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

hudkeekd

I just wanted to let you know that after many hours tinkering with the
document, I found that the doc had toggle fields attached to it, which kept
the error messages coming. I had to have the individual fix that portion of
the doc and then it worked. The individual had been attaching a reference
from a proxy website and therefore attached such toggle field codes. Thanks
for your help, your comments encouraged me to look further.

Hi ?B?SHVka2VlMjM0?=,