Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hugo Hugo is offline

Default Mail merge 2000, 2003 difference...

Hi,

I am using a CSV generated by another company and the CSV has many
address fields including Name1 and Name2. When using Mail merge 2000, I
specified that they should be on a separate line and if Name2 was blank, Word
2000 would ignore it and place the rest of the address info below Name1. Now
I want to do the same in Word 2003. In 2003 the task pane (in step 3 of 6)
has an item called Address Block which I click on to get the Insert Address
Block dialog box. The dialog box has a button called Match Fields... and I've
tried playing with matching the fields but I haven't hit the right
combination yet to do what I used to do in Word 2000. I figured that someone
has encountered this situation before and could help me out. I haven't given
up trying but first I want to ask if what I'm doing is possible and, if so,
then what are the steps to accomplish this.
Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Don't use the address block. Use the individual fields as you did in Word
2000. You may find http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
and http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm helpful in the
transition from 2000 to 2003.