Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RogerKni RogerKni is offline

Default Id like to specify bookmarks in Go To in order of Location.

I.e., there should be an option to select the preferred arrangement, similar
to the two options in Insert Bookmark. Alphabetical order shouldnt be
imposed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

When you create the bookmarks, name them so that alphabetical and
insertion order are the same.
(Do you get the impression that we're not taking you quite seriously enough).
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"RogerKni" wrote in message
I.e., there should be an option to select the preferred arrangement, similar
to the two options in Insert Bookmark. Alphabetical order shouldn't be
imposed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RogerKni RogerKni is offline

That's what I've been forced to do, but it's a poor workaround. The
manufactured names have awkward, unintuitive, unmemorable prefixes. Since
Word can remember both alphabetical and location-based sequences for use in
its Insert Bookmark box, it can do so for the GoTo box too. It's a
convenience to the user not to have to manufacture awkward names.

"RogerKni" wrote in message
I.e., there should be an option to select the preferred arrangement, similar
to the two options in Insert Bookmark. Alphabetical order shouldn't be
imposed.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

What manufactured names?

"RogerKni" wrote in message
I.e., there should be an option to select the preferred arrangement,
similar
to the two options in Insert Bookmark. Alphabetical order shouldn't be
imposed.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RogerKni RogerKni is offline

In order to make names appear in a Ctrl-G's alphabetical-only list in
location-order, I have to assign them names in alphabetical order by
location, which requires inserting prefixes like letters or numbers. And I
have to allow empty slots for insertions, another annoyance. If Word already
has the location-based information, why not make use of it? It would also be
more consistent with its practice in its related (Insert Bookmark) box for
the user to be able to choose between the two methods of bookmark-sequence.
Consistency makes the user feel more comfortable, because idiosyncrasies
worry him.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What manufactured names?

"RogerKni" wrote in message
I.e., there should be an option to select the preferred arrangement,
similar
to the two options in Insert Bookmark. Alphabetical order shouldn't be
imposed.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger K Roger K is offline

In addition, whenever the user changes the order of blocks of his text, which
is a fairly common occurrence, the bookmark-prefixes associated with the
blocks that have been moved will no longer sort the bookmarks into sequence
for its new location, so he must change them. (And this is a real pain
because there is no Rename functionality, so the bookmarks have to be deleted
and then created again.)

Heres an analogy: Windows provides the user with a choice in the way the
icons are arranged when viewing the contents of a directory: by Name or by
Type. It would be silly to say that the user could manufacture prefixes for
the names of the contents of a directory so that they'd appear in a by-Type
order, and that therefore a €śby Type€ť view is uncalled for. It IS called for;
and so is a €śby location€ť view.

"RogerKni" wrote in message
I.e., there should be an option to select the preferred arrangement, similar
to the two options in Insert Bookmark. Alphabetical order shouldn't be
imposed.

Bookmarks, hyperlinks and 'save as' PhenyxFire Microsoft Word Help 0 June 6th 06 08:20 PM
INCLUDETEXT fields and bookmarks [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 February 27th 06 08:44 PM
ODC file location Rosa Mailmerge 0 October 26th 05 05:10 PM
troubleshooting hyperlink bookmarks Kat Page Layout 2 August 29th 05 12:57 PM
Bookmarks appearing in HTML Format document links AndyBear Microsoft Word Help 3 June 1st 05 02:45 PM