Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laruvv laruvv is offline

Default Word2000 username missing

hello
Word 2000 sp3 (and windows xp sp2).
If I open a word document from network and it is already openend by another
user it tells me that it is opened by user xxx.
If I open the same document from hyperlink from another document, the name
of the another user is missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Office Helper Office Helper is offline

Have them go into Word, Tools | Options | User Information and make sure
there is valid information in the User Name field. During the install if
someone entered XXX that is what will show up.

"laruvv" wrote:

hello
Word 2000 sp3 (and windows xp sp2).
If I open a word document from network and it is already openend by another
user it tells me that it is opened by user xxx.
If I open the same document from hyperlink from another document, the name
of the another user is missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laruvv laruvv is offline

That was checked, and usernames are there.
Any other ideas?
Laura