Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HDias HDias is offline

Default Macro won't save to normal.dot template

I just got a brand new laptop and am using Office 2002 with service pack 3.
I is a company computer.

When I create a macro from scratch, it is saved in the normal.dot template
(at least that is where it is ponting to when I create it). I can use the
macro and it works fine until I TOTALLY exit from word.

When I re-open Word the macro is not there.

I have checked my options and my macros are being stored where they should
be. Not sure why this fluke is happening.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It sounds like normal.dot isn't being saved. One possible cause is an
add-in from an early build of Adobe Acrobat 7 -- see the last section
of http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm.

Try holding Shift while you click the File menu, and select Save All.
That should force normal.dot to save.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:04:02 -0700, HDias
wrote:

I just got a brand new laptop and am using Office 2002 with service pack 3.
I is a company computer.

When I create a macro from scratch, it is saved in the normal.dot template
(at least that is where it is ponting to when I create it). I can use the
macro and it works fine until I TOTALLY exit from word.

When I re-open Word the macro is not there.

I have checked my options and my macros are being stored where they should
be. Not sure why this fluke is happening.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HDias HDias is offline

I tried your suggestion and it saved the macro. The problem I am now having
is I have assigned the macro to a set of key strokes Alt n. The key
strokes work until I exit Word totally. When I try and use the Alt n it does
not work. However when I go to the macro list, select the macro and use
RUN, it works....any ideas why the key strokes are not saving?

"HDias" wrote:

I just got a brand new laptop and am using Office 2002 with service pack 3.
I is a company computer.

When I create a macro from scratch, it is saved in the normal.dot template
(at least that is where it is ponting to when I create it). I can use the
macro and it works fine until I TOTALLY exit from word.

When I re-open Word the macro is not there.

I have checked my options and my macros are being stored where they should
be. Not sure why this fluke is happening.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, the keystrokes should be saved in the template at the same time as
everything else.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman