Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marcus Adolphson Marcus Adolphson is offline

Default How do I Open link in a New Window in word 2003

The version MS Word 2003 does not include the option "Open in a New Window"
when I right click on any Hyperlink (that I have created in the document).

How could I:
1. Change the content in the shortcut menu (right-click on the hyperlink) to
include "Open in New Window) in MS word 2003?
3. And/or change the functionality so when I left-click on the hyperlink the
file always open in a new window?

Best regards/
Marcus, Stockholm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Marcus,

When you're creating hyperlinks in Word (Ctrl+K) you can choose the [Target Frame] button there to select New Window, however,
should the browser settings for when to reuse Windows for opening shortcuts (hyperlinks) be different than what you've asked for the
browser settings may take precedence.

To see if a particular hyperlink has the setting to use as a preference open in new Window use Alt+F9 to view the Hyperlink code and
look for "\t_blank"

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP