Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ianrow29 Ianrow29 is offline

Default Picture format

I've copied a wedding photo into 'Word' to create some cards.

I would like to change the shape of the picture from rectangle to oval, but
cannot find how I do this.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks, Ian (UK).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can't do that in Word, however what you can do is insert an oval shape
from the drawing tools and set your picture as a background fill for that
shape. If you don't want the border around it, set the line to none. If you
cannot get the effect you need, you will have to use an external graphics
application to produce an oval crop.

Ianrow29 wrote:
I've copied a wedding photo into 'Word' to create some cards.

I would like to change the shape of the picture from rectangle to
oval, but cannot find how I do this.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks, Ian (UK).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ian,

To add one bit to Grahams reply, if you're using Word 2007 there is a change in the tools for doing this. If you use
Insert=Picture then follow with the Picture Tools ribbon you can use either Picture Styles or use Picture Shapes+Picture Effects to
apply shape croppings, glows, etc and the effect color is themed in Word 2007 (i.e. if you change the color palette set for a
document you can have the effects colors follow that new theme).

There are still limitations in what you can do with the tools (i.e. you can't choose what part of the picture is placed where inside
the shape, so editing in a graphics program, as Graham suggests, will still give you more control over the results), but it is
possible to have some combinations of both the picture and a shape with a separate rectangular fill behind it in a single graphic
without using and grouping multiple shapes as separate operations as in pre Word 2007 versions.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP