Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Default Can I set page layout of Word2007 like Word2003?

How can I re set Word 2007 page layout and title bar to look like Word 2003?
The Multiple skins of MS2007 is not user freindly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...r/download.php.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wally" wrote in message
How can I re set Word 2007 page layout and title bar to look like Word
2003?
The Multiple skins of MS2007 is not user freindly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ShortyGeorge ShortyGeorge is offline

Load Word Click Office Button New and find the template that is called
"Office Word 2003 Look"
--
Shorty

"Wally" wrote in message
How can I re set Word 2007 page layout and title bar to look like Word
2003?
The Multiple skins of MS2007 is not user freindly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Also, note that you can change the default settings of the normal.dotm
template, using pretty much the same methods as in earlier versions of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wally" wrote in message
How can I re set Word 2007 page layout and title bar to look like Word
2003?
The Multiple skins of MS2007 is not user freindly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
andrswal andrswal is offline

I tried this and the hated ribbon structure remains... perhaps the best way
to get 2007 to look and work like 2003 is to re-install 2003....

"Wally" wrote in message
How can I re set Word 2007 page layout and title bar to look like Word
2003?
The Multiple skins of MS2007 is not user freindly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that using a template with a Word 2003 look will only affect the
appearence of text.

To modify the user interface, you will have to use the ribbon customizer
(or, as you wrote, go back to Word 2003).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wally" wrote in message
How can I re set Word 2007 page layout and title bar to look like
Word
2003?
The Multiple skins of MS2007 is not user freindly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
andrswal andrswal is offline

yes I eventually fathomed out the ribbon customiser which looks pretty good
and I shall use it for a bit before deciding whetehr to buy or not. in 2003
I had my own toolbars, are there instructions anywhere on how to customise
the Classic UI ribbon in the same way? (yes I know I can use the quick
access toolbar)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you still have access to 2003 - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
Modifying the ribbon is never going to be as simple - but see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm