Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anthony Giorgianni[_2_] Anthony Giorgianni[_2_] is offline

Default Preventing fomatting from migrating to other pages

Hello Everyone!

This has long bugged me. Many times I write in Word in three columns, with
page 1 using a 3" top margin (usually with a text box above it) and the rest
of the pages using 1' top margins.

The problem is that if I insert additional text on the first page, the
overflow moves to a NEW second page (Word automatically inserts the new
page) that has a 3" top margin. If I use delete at the end of the overflow
material on the second page to bring the material from what is now the third
page, the entire document now gets a 1" top margin and my text box at the
top of the first page mostly disappears off the top of the page. If I try to
change the new page 2 to a 1" margin, it affects page 1. Is there a way to
prevent all this? I have to keep resetting everything! Very frustrating.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Regards,

Anthony Giorgianni

For everyone's benefit, please reply to the group.