Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dragztwo Dragztwo is offline

Default Data file keeps saying read only

When I edit the recipients list, complete the merge and try to close the
letter and data file, I get a message saying that the data file is read only,
but is isn't when I check the settings. I can open the data file and input
the info in the table and save it, but not when I edit it with the letter
open. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is this using Word 2007, and is the data file on a network drive?

If so, it is a known problem and I think the only thing you can do is copy
the data file to a local drive first.

If not, perhaps you could tell us the Word version, what kind of file it is,
and where it is.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk