Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Paula Paula is offline

Default Word 2003 Merge Labels display in column orientation

A problem that we are experiencing when merging in Word 2003 and using
various label types (i.e., 5261, 5162, etc.) is that after the data merges,
the resulting label document displays the text in each label in a vertical
column orientation.

This occurs using the Mail Merge Helper and also occurs using the Mail Merge
task pane in Word 2003. It doesn't matter what type of printer is selected.

Paula
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It seems you have managed to alter the default setting for tables. Renaming
normal.dot to normal.old should fix it, if not ask in the tables group.