mpt

Default Migrating bookmarks

I notice my bookmarks drift away from their original locations by shifting
vertically. A hyperlink that should point to "Patagonia" ends up taking me
to a list item higher/lower/different list item, say,

Boston
Naples -- New destination upon clicking hyperlink.
Ruritania
Rwanda
Patagonia
Prague

The bookmarks are all pointing to various items in an extensive list. My
document is purely a multi-item list.

I've not noticed this problem with bookmarks in other documents such as
letters, memos, etc.

Richard

Doug Robbins

Are you adding items to the list after inserting the bookmarks?

If so, you will need to be very careful that you do not enter the item
inside and existing bookmark. To assist, turn on the display of bookmarks
under ToolsOptionsView

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"mpt" wrote in message
I notice my bookmarks drift away from their original locations by shifting
vertically. A hyperlink that should point to "Patagonia" ends up taking me
to a list item higher/lower/different list item, say,

Boston
Naples -- New destination upon clicking hyperlink.
Ruritania
Rwanda
Patagonia
Prague

The bookmarks are all pointing to various items in an extensive list. My
document is purely a multi-item list.

I've not noticed this problem with bookmarks in other documents such as
letters, memos, etc.

Richard

mpt

Thanks, Doug.

That's probably the answer. I thought I was adding only bookmarks way
before or after problem "migrating" bookmark but I can't swear I was always
alert to this possibility. Displaying the bookmarks will help.

Kindest regards,

Richard