Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terry Terry is offline

Default decimal point

How can I line up decimal point within a column of a Word table?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Use decimal tabs.

"Terry" wrote in message
news
How can I line up decimal point within a column of a Word table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Terry Terry is offline

What is that? How to select it.
Will that work in only few columns and partial column?

I am using Word 2000.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Use decimal tabs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

On the extreme left of the ruler you should see what looks like a capital L.
When you click this it changes through an upside down T and a backward L.
Keep clicking until you see an upside down T with a dot beside it - the
decimal tab. Select the column or part of a column that you align figures. On
the ruler click the tab at the point where the decimal point would be on the
largest figure. All figures will align at this point. By the way, if you
click at the right of whole numbers they will also align as if there was a
decimal there. If you don't get it right first time you can drag the tab to
the correct place. Be careful not to click again and set more than one tab.
If you do, just grab it and drag it off the ruler to delete it. Hope this
helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Terry" wrote:

What is that? How to select it.
Will that work in only few columns and partial column?

I am using Word 2000.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Use decimal tabs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm

"Terry" wrote in message
news
How can I line up decimal point within a column of a Word table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Hi Terry

There are seven types of Tab settings that you can include in the ruler:
Left Tab, Center Tab, Right Tab, Decimal Tab, , Bar Tab, First line Indent
and Hanging Indent

1.Under the View menu, click Ruler
The ruler is displayed on the top of the document page. Unless you have the
ruler displayed you will not be able to position any tabs on the ruler.

Do one of the following:
€¢ Click the decimal tab.on the left corner of the ruler, if you are working
in the Normal View.
-or-
€¢ If you are working in Print Layout View, then click the tab on the top of
the Left ruler.

2. Click the decimal tab,
Keep clicking the tab, until you view the decimal tab.
3. Select the text.
4. Click on the Ruler
The decimal tab is positioned on the ruler.

Note: Now when you enter number the number is moves left. The moment you
press the decimal point on the keyboard, the other number moves right. This
is an indication that the tab has a decimal tab constrain.

Challa Prabhu