Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cade Foster

Default How Do I insert text in a document full of tables and text boxes?

Hello everyone,

My problem is this: I have a document with a couple of text boxes and tables
on one page and there is space at the bottom of the page that I would like to
use. Word 2003 won't give me an "I-beam" when I click on the empty space at
the bottom of the document. If I double-click enough times, Word takes me to
the top of the document next to a text box.

The reason why I need this is to force Word to continue on to the next page
instead of me having to choose "new Page" which would create an entirely new
document.

I have Service Pack 2 already installed. Uhm . . . help!

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Click on the Show/Hide button ¶ and after the table you should see a ¶
place the cursor before that and start typing. Or, use Ctrl+End and start
typing. Ctrl+End will take you to the end of the document.

Another thing that might be causing this problem is the Text Wrapping of the
table. Place the cursor in the table and frpm the Tables menu, select
Properties and set the Text wrapping to none.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cade Foster" Cade wrote in message
Hello everyone,

My problem is this: I have a document with a couple of text boxes and
tables
on one page and there is space at the bottom of the page that I would like
use. Word 2003 won't give me an "I-beam" when I click on the empty space
at
the bottom of the document. If I double-click enough times, Word takes me
the top of the document next to a text box.

The reason why I need this is to force Word to continue on to the next
page
instead of me having to choose "new Page" which would create an entirely
new
document.

I have Service Pack 2 already installed. Uhm . . . help!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cade Foster

I can't find this show/Hide button. Also, when I use Ctrl+End keyboard combo,
the I-beam does not move from its postition at the top of the document.

Just to make things clear, I don't want to type anything into any of the
text boxes nor tables in the document. I want to type in the "outside" space
of those text boxes and tables "without" having to creat a new text box or
table to do it.

Thanks.

"Cade Foster" wrote:

Hello everyone,

My problem is this: I have a document with a couple of text boxes and tables
on one page and there is space at the bottom of the page that I would like to
use. Word 2003 won't give me an "I-beam" when I click on the empty space at
the bottom of the document. If I double-click enough times, Word takes me to
the top of the document next to a text box.

The reason why I need this is to force Word to continue on to the next page
instead of me having to choose "new Page" which would create an entirely new
document.

I have Service Pack 2 already installed. Uhm . . . help!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Show/Hide ¶ is on the Standard toolbar. The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+*.
If the document was created in an older version of Word, very likely the
wrapping on the text boxes is None (equivalent to In Front of Text), which
means that the text paragraph into which you could type is behind a text
box. You'll need to change the wrapping of the text box to Square to get the
text paragraph (indicated by ¶) out where you can type in it.

"Cade Foster" wrote:

Hello everyone,

My problem is this: I have a document with a couple of text boxes and

tables
on one page and there is space at the bottom of the page that I would

like to
use. Word 2003 won't give me an "I-beam" when I click on the empty space

at
the bottom of the document. If I double-click enough times, Word takes

me to
the top of the document next to a text box.

The reason why I need this is to force Word to continue on to the next

page
instead of me having to choose "new Page" which would create an entirely

new
document.

I have Service Pack 2 already installed. Uhm . . . help!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cade Foster

Doug,

You're a genius! When I selected the "table wrapping" to "around," the damn
thing worked. that's what I call great tech support.

Happy Holidays!