Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracy Tracy is offline

Default How do you copy and paste and word doc. w/o changing the format?

I have my resume in a microsoft word doc. I am trying to copy it and then
paste it to an application. Every time I attempt to do this the resume's
format is changed from its original format and I can not send it looking like
this. Please help me to figure out what is going wrong here. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rajivpopat rajivpopat is offline

I have my resume in a microsoft word doc. I am trying to copy it and then
paste it to an application.

Not sure what you mean by an application - Are you copying from one word
file to another? If that's the case, and you're using Word 2003 when you past
a small clipboard icon should popup which lets you choose if you want to
"Keep Source Formatting" or "Match Destination Formatting"