Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NickDangr NickDangr is offline

Default Mail Merge - Word 2003 / Excel 2003

An employee of the company for which I work is doing a merge from an
excel file into a word doc. The merge works, but we're not able to
achieve the effect we want.

What we'd like to do is have 2 records on each page, rather than just
one. Right now, she has a postcard form, that fits 2 cards to a page.
If she prints as currently configured, the address field from the
first row in the excel doc fills *both* postcards - so how do I make
it so the first and 2nd, 3rd and 4th etc... are on the output.

Help?

Ben / ND

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Assuming she has all the layout set up correctly, make sure that there is a
Next record (or { NEXT }) field before the second card on the sheet.

There are various ways to insert one, including:
- press ctrl-F9 to insert a pair of the special "field code braces" {}
- type NEXT in between, to give you
{ NEXT }

Peter Jamieson

"NickDangr" wrote in message
oups.com...
An employee of the company for which I work is doing a merge from an
excel file into a word doc. The merge works, but we're not able to
achieve the effect we want.

What we'd like to do is have 2 records on each page, rather than just
one. Right now, she has a postcard form, that fits 2 cards to a page.
If she prints as currently configured, the address field from the
first row in the excel doc fills *both* postcards - so how do I make
it so the first and 2nd, 3rd and 4th etc... are on the output.

Help?

Ben / ND

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
NickDangr NickDangr is offline

I did some experimenting, created a fresh form from scratch (never
did a merge before myself) and found that out about 10 minutes ago.
Thanks very much though - your answer is dead on.

Regards

Ben

On Feb 8, 2:08 pm, "Peter Jamieson"
wrote:
Assuming she has all the layout set up correctly, make sure that there is a
Next record (or { NEXT }) field before the second card on the sheet.

There are various ways to insert one, including:
- press ctrl-F9 to insert a pair of the special "field code braces" {}
- type NEXT in between, to give you
{ NEXT }

Peter Jamieson

oups.com...