macos8403

Default Why does formatting change on different computers?

I have created a document with various styles used for formatting.
When I try to use that document on a different computer, the formatting is
very different.
Is there something I have to do to 'embed' the styles into the document??

I'm using Word 2003 + winXPP on my machine.
Another machine running Word 2000 + Win98SE does NOT have the problem.
Yet another machine running Word 2000 + Win98SE does!
And finally, a fourth machine running Word 2000 + WinXPP does too!?!
Jezebel

The most common source of difference is fonts. If you've fonts that not
installed on the second machine, then the document will look very different.
Even if the second machine has a font of the same name, you sometimes get
different flavours of the font -- same basic design, but slightly different
spacings.

Another possible cause is printers: Word reads some settings from the
printer driver, so with different printers installed you sometimes get
formatting changes.

Perhaps if you could be more specific about the formatting differences
you're seeing?

"macos8403" wrote in message
I have created a document with various styles used for formatting.
When I try to use that document on a different computer, the formatting is
very different.
Is there something I have to do to 'embed' the styles into the document??

I'm using Word 2003 + winXPP on my machine.
Another machine running Word 2000 + Win98SE does NOT have the problem.
Yet another machine running Word 2000 + Win98SE does!
And finally, a fourth machine running Word 2000 + WinXPP does too!?!

macos8403

Thanks Suzanne - the link to the page on Shauna Kelly's website was spot on!