ghllag

Default How do I format telephone numbers in Word?

I have an MS Word document that I'm trying to mailmerge. The datasource is an
Excel spreadsheet and contains telephone numbers. The telephone number
field is a number field with telephone display format (I did this to
facilitate easy data entry). When I mailmerge my Word document (the fields
get inserted into a table), the telephone numbers appear without formatting.
How can I tell Word to format the number as telephone? I'm using Word
2002-SP2.
Greg Maxey

First see the sectionon Excel data at:

or you could use a format swith:

\# "(###) ###'-'####"
--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

ghllag wrote:
I have an MS Word document that I'm trying to mailmerge. The
datasource is an Excel spreadsheet and contains telephone numbers.
The telephone number field is a number field with telephone display
format (I did this to facilitate easy data entry). When I mailmerge
my Word document (the fields get inserted into a table), the
telephone numbers appear without formatting. How can I tell Word to
format the number as telephone? I'm using Word 2002-SP2.

Graham Mayor

Or see my other web page http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Greg Maxey wrote:
First see the section on Excel data at: