Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kcd21 Kcd21 is offline

Default how can i get apothecary symbols in Word 2007

I want apothecary symbols in Word 2007. Is there any sort of Download that
will let me add them into a document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

From http://www.lib.umich.edu/tcp/docs/dox/medical.html:

The "ounce" symbol. This is Unicode character 2125, but has no ISO character
entity. Capture as &ounce;.
The "dra(ch)m" symbol. This is a specific application of Unicode character
0292 (yogh), but has no ISO character entity. Capture as &dram; when the
medicinal context makes it clear that is what it is.
The "scruple" symbol. This is Unicode character 2108, but has no ISO
character entity. Capture as &scruple;.
The "recipe" or "Rx" symbol. This is Unicode character 211E and character
entity ℞ in the ISOpub set. Capture as ℞.

(I haven't checked this data out. I also found a reference to Lucida Sans
Unicode font having the symbols you need.)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kcd21" wrote in message
news
I want apothecary symbols in Word 2007. Is there any sort of Download that
will let me add them into a document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That sounds like typing (or "capture") instructions for some specific
application ("ISO character entity" is irrelevant to Word). Kcd21
should simply either type the given Unicode 4-digit sequences followed
by Alt-x, or (if they're using them regularly) should access them in
Insert Symbol and assign some convenient keyboard shortcut to them.

On Sep 19, 10:14*am, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:
Fromhttp://www.lib.umich.edu/tcp/docs/dox/medical.html:

The "ounce" symbol. This is Unicode character 2125, but has no ISO character
entity. Capture as &ounce;.
The "dra(ch)m" symbol. This is a specific application of Unicode character
0292 (yogh), but has no ISO character entity. Capture as &dram; when the
medicinal context makes it clear that is what it is.
The "scruple" symbol. This is Unicode character 2108, but has no ISO
character entity. Capture as &scruple;.
The "recipe" or "Rx" symbol. This is Unicode character 211E and character
entity ℞ in the ISOpub set. Capture as ℞.

(I haven't checked this data out. I also found a reference to Lucida Sans
Unicode font having the symbols you need.)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

news