Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nat Nat is offline

Default collecting data from userform to a database

Thanks so much to Cindy M for helping me with my textbox control questions
previously. I have helped a co-worker create a form, which has activeX
controls, datepicker controls, a drop-down control and two of the legacy
textbox controls. Is there anyway to have the data from this form collected
in a database or a table? I believe the form will downloaded off of a
website and then users will email as an attachment.

Thanks a lot,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TmF0?=,

I have helped a co-worker create a form, which has activeX
controls, datepicker controls, a drop-down control and two of the legacy
textbox controls. Is there anyway to have the data from this form collected
in a database or a table? I believe the form will downloaded off of a
website and then users will email as an attachment.

Mmmm. With this combination, the only possibility is a macro. You wouldn't want
the macro saved in the document as that could bother those downloading it. So
you'd store it in a template, for use when the attachments come back.

I advise you to go with this question to a Word.Programming newsgroup, where
you'll find many more people to help you. This is not a "simple" kind of macro
to create.

When you post, be sure to mention
- the version of Word
- any background experience you have in programming (so the person
answering will have an idea how much shorthand he can use in the answer)
- the type of "database" you prefer / can work with
- what needs to be done with the data collected
- anything else relevant you can think of

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)