Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Donald P Donald P is offline

Default word 2007 problems

I'm having problems with word when I am logged on but not when my wife is
logged in. I can not use side scroll bars, highlight text or even make any
changes under the word option menu. When I close Word I get a window that
Word has stopped working properly and will restart.

I think a file may be corrupt under my user name. I did a diagnostic of
Office and it found no problems. I even did a fix of Office.

Any ideas, since Word does work on my wife's log on and when I use Excel it
works fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Donald,

I'm having problems with word when I am logged on but not when my wife is
logged in. I can not use side scroll bars, highlight text or even make any
changes under the word option menu. When I close Word I get a window that
Word has stopped working properly and will restart.

I think a file may be corrupt under my user name. I did a diagnostic of
Office and it found no problems. I even did a fix of Office.

See this article on trouble-shooting Word

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

Don't skip anything, just because a sub-heading may not seem to match your
problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org