Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
debellis14 debellis14 is offline

Default Customizing with foreign button

How do I add non-Microsoft buttons to the Word toolbar, such as Quickbooks.
Note: this can be done in WordPerfect?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What can and cannot be done in Word Perfect is irrelevant here.

Applications that are designed to work in partnership with Word will have an
add-in that provides the necessary interface. Those that don't have any
relationship with Word don't really need to be on the Word toolbar, but if
you must then you need to create a macro to call the application and add the
macro to the toolbar e.g.

Sub Calculator()
Dim RetVal
RetVal = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CALC.EXE", 1)
End Sub

will call the Windows calculator. I don't know the path and exe file for
Quickbooks but if you replace the path to the calculator with the path to
Quickbooks exe file it will call Quickbooks instead.