Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Default Address book problem in 2007 Word

Sorry, still working on finding out why when I use the insert address command
instead of my address book opening I get the last clipboard item pasted into
my doc. What's up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Can you tell us the exact steps you are using? Mainly how do you trigger
the insert address command?
Also, should your address book be an Outlook address book?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Sorry, still working on finding out why when I use the insert address command
instead of my address book opening I get the last clipboard item pasted into
my doc. What's up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Using Outlook address book from the Beta 2007. I put the insert address
command on my QAT and then click the icon to open my address book but only
get the "paste" of whatever I last used on my clipboard.

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Sorry, still working on finding out why when I use the insert address command
instead of my address book opening I get the last clipboard item pasted into
my doc. What's up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

You inserted the Address Book from Commands not In Ribbon I presume?
I did the same thing here and it inserts the addresses correctly. Is
Outlook open when you do this (mine is)? Which Outlook version?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Sorry, still working on finding out why when I use the insert address command
instead of my address book opening I get the last clipboard item pasted into
my doc. What's up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

Yes, Outlook 2007 beta is open and I used the Address Book from Commands not
in Ribbon. I wonder if it has to do with my Address Book going to Contacts
to search? I guess I could play around with that.

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Sorry, still working on finding out why when I use the insert address command
instead of my address book opening I get the last clipboard item pasted into
my doc. What's up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Mine goes to Contacts as well...If you find any particular steps that
lead to success, please let us know. I'd like to send a bug to Microsoft
on this, but for that I need to know under which situation you don't
have the problem and under which you do.

Thanks,

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Sorry, still working on finding out why when I use the insert address command
instead of my address book opening I get the last clipboard item pasted into
my doc. What's up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

I've tried everything that I could think of and still no luck - no address
book. I use this feature with every doc I type and this is getting quite
annoying. Since I tried to uninstall 2007 and it screwed up my older Word I'm
stuck, can't even reinstall with discs. Jeez.

:

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Sorry, still working on finding out why when I use the insert address command
instead of my address book opening I get the last clipboard item pasted into
my doc. What's up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Uninstall 2003 and 2007, then reinstall 2003. You can btw install 2007
without deleting 2003 (do a customized installation, go through every
single tab in the setup dialog manually and don't click next until you
have gone through every tab, make sure to not remove the 2003 versions).
The only program where you need to decide whether to use 2003 or 2007 is
Outlook. Only one Outlook can be on your computer at all times.
Let me know if you are having any luck.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

:

:

"Karen" wrote in message
:

Sorry, still working on finding out why when I use the insert address command
instead of my address book opening I get the last clipboard item pasted into
my doc. What's up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Sorry, but I finally gave up and went back to my old version of Word. Had
work to do!

"Datcu" wrote:

I too am having great dificulty with address book entry, can I be kept in the
loop.
datcu

:

: