David

Default Drop caps

After some time working on a document in Word 2002 and, in particular, after
inserting graphics -- mainly .tif files (and that could be another
question!) -- all my drop caps revert to the font for the paragraph + a
carriage return, thus:
ropcap

Why should this occur and is there a solution?

Thanks for any help

David D

Jay Freedman

David wrote:
After some time working on a document in Word 2002 and, in
particular, after inserting graphics -- mainly .tif files (and that
could be another question!) -- all my drop caps revert to the font
for the paragraph + a carriage return, thus:
ropcap

Why should this occur and is there a solution?

Thanks for any help

David D

Hi David,

A drop cap is simply a large character in a frame. I can duplicate the
effect you describe by selecting a paragraph containing a drop cap and
re-applying Normal style to it with Ctrl+Shift+N, which removes both the
frame and the large font size. So possibly something you did, or that Word
did behind your back while you did something else, applied Normal (or some
other style) to your paragraphs. I don't have any suggestions for what that
action might have been.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman