Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ferdinand Wahlers

Default Insert Version Number in word

I'm working with Sharepoint Services and I want to know if it's possible to
automatically add the documents' current version number somewhere in the word
document.

This is to make sure that when someone prints a document it will always be
easy to see what version is currently at hand.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

I don't know anything about Sharepoint Services, but looking at this from
another angle - see if http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm
helps.

Ferdinand Wahlers wrote:
I'm working with Sharepoint Services and I want to know if it's
possible to automatically add the documents' current version number
somewhere in the word document.

This is to make sure that when someone prints a document it will
always be easy to see what version is currently at hand.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ferdinand Wahlers

Sharepoint saves document versions in the same way as word 2003 does. In File
- versions you can see all older saved versions of the document and the
comments etc. that belong to that version of the file. I am hoping that there
is some way to show the number of the current version in the document itself.