Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cucubit

Default How do I create a form field to contain formatted text

When cut/pasting formatted text from another word doc into a text field on my
(protected) form, I've found all formatting is removed. Can I create a form
field where users will be able to enter text that retains formatting eg
Heading 1, or text includes bulleted list?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi cucubit,

No. As the author of the form, you decide which formatting is used, by
applying formatting or a style to your form fields. Users cannot change that.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"cucubit" wrote:

When cut/pasting formatted text from another word doc into a text field on my
(protected) form, I've found all formatting is removed. Can I create a form
field where users will be able to enter text that retains formatting eg
Heading 1, or text includes bulleted list?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

While it's true that a text form field can't contain formatting (except
what's applied to the field as a whole), you do have two other options in
setting up the form template.

One is to insert one or more section breaks and, when protecting the
template for forms, mark a section as unprotected. (There's a button for
this in the Tools Protect Document dialog in Word 2000 and earlier, or a
link in the Protect Document task pane in Word 2002 or 2003.) Users can
paste and format in that section without restrictions.

The other possibility is to place a bookmark in the form instead of the text
field, and provide a macro that unprotects the form, pastes at the bookmark,
and reprotects the form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman